ESA 25 years
We are celebrating the 25th birthday of the European Shiatsu Association in style by organizing a festive seminar. We would like to offer the members of the association and other interested parties the opportunity to (renew) their acquaintances. We also would like to commemorate the fact the Denis Binks was one of the first people to introduce Namikoshi Shiatsu to the Netherlands. Of course Roberto Taverna, friend and colleague of Denis, deserves his rightful limelight as well. He will be offering two master classes during the seminar. After Denis passed away Roberto trained instructors in the Netherlands so that spreading the continued knowledge of Namikoshi Shiatsu was guaranteed. Of course Paola Frondini will be accompanying Roberto and we have invited some guests that Roberto looked forward to seeing again. Our ‘own’ Loredana has offered to be available to us during the seminar to translate the beautiful Italian language into down to earth Dutch.
A few years ago the members decided that our association should be open to all styles of Shiatsu. To express this during our 25th anniversary we have also invited Nelleke Breukink (Scarf Technique Ohashiatsu) as well as Yasu Miyamoto (Yasu Miyamoto Technique) to offer an appetizing variety of techniques in the two hour master classes. Our own Yoff will keep us moving throughout the weekend with a Do-In master class that is divided into 4 separate half hour classes. We are certain all of this will add quite a variety to the program.
The seminar has been accredited by KTNO, BATC and VBAG (bachelor level). Just one more reason to show your face. Besides meeting up with people that share the same passion, reviving old ties, making new connections and learning skills, this seminar will reward you with 20-study hours (0,5 EC).
- 2 days: Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 November
- For members: €75 if you book and pay your ticket before October 1st using the special code sent to you separately. After this the price is €100.
- Non-members: €225 if you book and pay your ticket before October 1st. After this the price is €250. If you register as a new member to the association before September 1st and pay the €50 membership dues, you will receive a special code that will also give you the special member reduced price. This is an offer that you should not resist!
- 2 highly informative and pleasant days, with plenty of room for networking opportunities
- Knowledge, extending specialization of techniques and (new) skills
- 1 tenugui
- 2 lunches that will offer quality food to fit every palate
- a certificate and 20-study hours (0,5 EC)
- a commemorative program booklet
- Optional: a vibrant Saturday evening if you choose to join your colleagues and teachers at an enjoyable dinner party. You have the option to book this separately, the cost is €30 per person.
Bring with you
- treatment table
- ESA style white clothing
- a pillow and a blanket
- A good mood
Location and accommodations
2516 BA Den Haag
MOOOF is a community for music, dance and sports. Additionally it offers works space to (para)medical practitioners and other businesses that strengthen a sense of community. It is a unique and vivacious hub of companies situated in the middle of the Binckhorst industrial area of The Hague.
- The Teleporthotelis situated right next to Mooof , so you don’t have to walk far, but in The Hague there is a multitude of other hotels and b&b’s, in case you are not in the mood to travel home during the seminar.
The draft program
As soon as the time slots are more final, we will add more to the program. Check out the website or the Facebook page regularly to see the newest information.
At the bottom of this page you can register yourself for the anniversary seminar, but first we included a few portraits of the teachers. Around the time of the seminar we will be releasing some motivational stories about the life, experiences and personal path of these inspirational teachers.
We, the board of ESA-NL, have done our best in preparation, and we are excited already. Without all of you there is no ESA-NL, so we invite you to join us on the 3rd and 4th of November this year.
Yoff, Jerry, Frans and Rob
Yasu Miyamoto Technique
Ohashi Scarf Technique
© ESA 2018